Freshly ground Sambar Powder for making Sambar, a heart-warming, delicious food from Southern India. It has a rich, earthy taste that makes it a true repository of flavours.
Freshly made using a traditional, heirloom recipe and for a distinct homemade taste.
Enjoy the Sambar along with rice and your choice of Vegetables.
- Homemade flavours
- Locally Sourced Ingredients
- Traditional Knowledge
- Authentic Recipe
Made to Order
Coriander seeds, Red chilli, Jeera (Cumin seeds), Pepper, Naati toor dal, Channa dal, Fenugreek, Turmeric, Mustard, Salt, Dried curry leaves, Rice
Instructions to Use
- Pressure cook 1 cup Toor dal with a pinch of turmeric and a drop of oil.
- Make a tadka of mustard seeds, curry leaves, and your choice of oil.
- Add 1 chopped onion and saute till brown.
- Add cooked dal, 3 tsp of sambhar powder, steamed veggies (like radish, beans, carrots, etc).
- Add 2 tbsp of tamarind paste, 2 tbsp of jaggery (optional) and salt to taste.
- Boil for 10 minutes, add chopped coriander and serve hot with rice,ghee .